Data Engineer/AWS Developer
Location: McLean, Virginia US
Requisition Number: 1676
The Data Engineer/ AWS Developer will build data storage platforms from ground up. The ideal candidate has a passion for data analysis, technology and helping people leverage the technology to transform their business processes and analytics. As a Data Engineer, you will be part of a team responsible for supporting a wide range of internal customers. You will draw on all the skills in your toolkit to analyze, design, and develop data storage and data analytic solutions using data lake patterns, that help our customers run more effective operations and make better business decisions.
- Develop data filtering, transformational and loading requirements.
- Define and execute ETLs using Apache Sparks on Hadoop among other Data technologies.
- Determine appropriate translations and validations between source data and target databases.
- Implement business logic to cleanse & transform data.
- Design and implement appropriate error handling procedures.
- Develop project, documentation and storage standards in conjunction with data architects.
- Monitor performance, troubleshoot and tune ETL processes as appropriate using tools like in the AWS ecosystem.
- Create and automate ETL mappings to consume loan level data source applications to target applications.
- Execution of end to end implementation of underlying data ingestion workflow.
- 5+ years of experience developing in Java and Python
- Bachelor’s degree with equivalent work experience in statistics, data science or a related field.
- Experience working with different Databases and understanding of data concepts (including data warehousing, data lake patterns, structured and unstructured data)
- 3+ years’ experience of Data Storage/Hadoop platform implementation, including 3+ years of hands-on experience in implementation and performance tuning Hadoop/Spark implementations.
- Implementation and tuning experience specifically using Amazon Elastic Map Reduce (EMR).
- Implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments.
- Experience writing automated unit, integration, regression, performance and acceptance tests
- Solid understanding of software design principles.
- Understanding of Apache Hadoop and the Hadoop ecosystem. Experience with one or more relevant tools (Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, Oozie, Hue, Zookeeper, HCatalog, Solr, Avro).
- Deep knowledge on Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) and distributed processing techniques such as Map-Reduce
- Experience with Columnar databases like Snowflake, Redshift
- Experience in building and deploying applications in AWS (EC2, S3, Hive, Glue, EMR, RDS, ELB, Lambda, etc.)
- Experience with building production web services
- Experience with cloud computing and storage services
- Knowledge of Mortgage industry
Community / Marketing Title: Data Engineer/AWS Developer
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: McLean, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.