Jr. Financial Modeling Consultant
Location: McLean, Virginia US
Requisition Number: 1696
We have immediate openings for several Financial Modeling Consultants to support a large banking client with MRM (Model Risk Management) and Model testing.
- As part of the model review and oversight function, perform as an junior-level individual contributor with the hands-on model assessment and analysis work.
- Inspect, challenge, and test models, modeling assumptions, variable selection, data translation and usage.
- Reverse engineer model functions to validate equivalence.
- Work primarily in Python in a cloud environment.
- Write reports summarizing findings that speak to a business (non-technical) audience.
- Masters or PhD in Math, Computer Science, Financial Engineering, Modeling, Quantitative Analytics, or related field.
- 1+ years of experience with various aspects of model development, utilization, theoretical soundness, testing, and validation.
- Experience building credit risk models is required.
- Strong experience with Math, Statistics, Econometrics, and model function forms.
- Python and R are required.
- Experience working in an AWS environment strongly preferred.
- Experience as an effective fact-based challenger to independently test model assumptions and coding.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral; experience writing and delivering clear, concise reports.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Community / Marketing Title: Jr. Financial Modeling Consultant
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: McLean, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.