Due Diligence Underwriting Manager
Location: Bethesda, Maryland US
Requisition Number: 1700
We are seeking an Underwriting Manager to join our Mortgage Due Diligence team. This role requires extensive mortgage underwriting experience (including pre-crisis), and experience managing teams of underwriters for either a financial institution or a due diligence firm.
- Manage a team of 20+ mortgage underwriters and quality control staff, based both locally and remotely, with a focus on quality and efficiency.
- Develop and train team, based on project scope, and regularly assess and report on team performance, providing corrective solutions as needed.
- Establish and cultivate working relationships with experts and clients, providing support and industry expertise.
- Work with various levels of company management, acting as an advocate for our clients, ensuring that loan files are delivered accurately, efficiently and on time/budget.
- As requested, provide expertise for business development opportunities.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- 10+ years in mortgage underwriting, either in a financial institution or a due diligence firm.
- 3+ years managing teams of underwriters and/or quality control.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Current and extensive knowledge of FNMA/FHLMC, FHA, and VA program guidelines.
- Must have participated in evaluating, setting and implementing credit guidelines, and have had input into how to extend credit.
- Mindset and temperament for handling multiple projects concurrently with competing deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining positive relationships.
- Ability to educate and influence beyond primary scope.
- Strong analytical aptitude and critical thinking as demonstrated through work assignments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to present technical information to clients, management and other functional areas.
- Highly proficient skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Community / Marketing Title: Due Diligence Underwriting Manager
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bethesda, Maryland US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.