Python Developer / Data Manager
Location: Bethesda, Maryland US
Requisition Number: 1670
The Oakleaf Group is seeking an Python Developer / Data Manager to join their Data and Applications team to support clients with large and complex datasets. The incumbent will refine the existing data warehouses, data extraction techniques, and ETL procedures using a mix of Python (80%) and SQL (20%). In addition, the incumbent will maintain, expand upon, and execute proprietary legacy software designed as a work pipeline to support an internal team of mortgage underwriters.
- Software development. Develop and maintain a software and script portfolio in support of analytical financial, and mortgage underwriting applications.
- Data Cleansing. Run validations to identify, document and remediate missing, or unreasonable data. Transform data as required for downstream models and reports. Maintain validation and transformation software.
- Reporting. Design and implement reports, extracts and queries to assist in business analysis and modeling.
- Process Development. Own and manage data enrichment stream in support of mortgage underwriting, develop GUIs to empower Subject Matter Experts and Managers to be self-sufficient.
- Data Warehousing. Load data into Oakleaf’s secure data stores capturing metadata, and mapping data to Oakleaf’s standardized data fields. Maintain load scripts.
- Data Architecture. Design logical database models using normalization/ standardization techniques. Develop strategies and data structures to unify information of various types from numerous disparate data sources and facilitate re-use across clients and usages. Document data processes, and information flow.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in a programming role using Python, specifically the pandas library.
- Experience in querying and creating stored procedures in a SQL or No-SQL data querying languages. Senior Analysts will have three or more years’ experience.
- 3+ years of Java, SQL, C++
- Experience working with databases - SQL, Oracle, etc. (we use MySQL)
- Experience in handling time-series data and other large datasets.
- Experience in formal data stewardship, provisioning data to customers adhering to enterprise quality standards.
- Familiarity interacting with external APIs and REST protocol.
- Familiarity with git version control, and python virtual environments preferred.
- Database administration, Salesforce, SAS, and statistical analysis experience is a plus.
- Experience in UI development is a plus. Experience with web portals to server side processing is a plus.
- Domain knowledge of financial instruments and particularly the mortgage lifecycle preferred.
- Experience in application testing, performance tuning and optimization.
- Understanding of object-oriented programming, design patterns and data structures.
Note: This is a salaried position and is not eligible for third party contractors.
Community / Marketing Title: Python Developer / Data Manager
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bethesda, Maryland US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.