Python/Pandas Model Conversion Expert
Location: McLean, Virginia US
Requisition Number: 1692
Have you worked on Financial Models? Are you able to interpret a SAS-based model and re-write it in Python/PySpark?
How about Pandas and NumPy? Do you have experience?
For a large financial services client on a long-term contract we are seeking a strong Python Data Engineer with great data engineering expertise.
- Significant experience coding Python including Pandas and NumPy
- Experience with regression and machine learning techniques will help you succeed
- Familiarity with the mortgage industry or financial modeling/data
- Experience working with large datasets - the bigger the better!
- Understanding SAS Models is very helpful.
- PySpark is also a bonus!
- Assist in the conversion of a significant SAS-based model to one written in Python/PySpark.
- Requires a self-starter who is comfortable working with large datasets, machine learning, and complex workflows.
- Requires solid software engineering fundamentals and strong communication skills.
Community / Marketing Title: Python/Pandas Model Conversion Expert
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: McLean, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.