Location: Washington, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 1695
For a large financial services client, we are seeking Python Data Science professional to work on a revenue forecasting applications to calculate financial statements. This is a senior level long-term role.
- Python programming to build a financial forecasting application.
- Calculate income statement forecast and output to Excel.
- Work with a SAS application that is wrapped in Python to provide UNIX command line access to a future web based user interface.
- Work with business users and analysts to understand the business requirements, process the information and provide an appropriate solution.
- Work effectively across a multi-functional team (analysts, development, testing, and production support).
- Provide technical guidance and consultation to staff. Share knowledge and experience with team members. Train and mentor users based on their needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Economics other quantitative discipline. Masters degree strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of numerical and statistical techniques.
- 4+ years Python in a Unix/SASGrid environment.
- Pandas expertise is required.
- Business knowledge with prior experience in financial industry required.
- Sr. Developer/Team Lead experience required.
- Developer experience with financial statements/statistics/modelling highly desired.
- Familiarity with software engineering techniques such as Object Oriented Programming (Java, C++) preferred.
- Big data experience strongly preferred.
- SAS experience preferred.
- AWS experience preferred.
- Agile experience required (SCRUM Preferred)
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Python/SAS/Unix Developer
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.