Sr. Analytics Automation Engineer
Location: Vienna, Virginia US
Requisition Number: 1699
We have an immediate opening for a Sr. Analytics Automation Engineer. This position requires use of advanced programming, math, knowledge of automation tools, and analytical/business intelligence tools to create end to end architectural solutions, portfolio & liquidity monitoring dashboards, and to automate several existing processes within the Capital Markets division of a large financial institution. Candidate is expected to independently re-engineer existing processes and collaborate with business units to develop actionable analytics with little oversight. Position will have exposure to market risk, credit risk, liquidity risk, portfolio valuation and utilize the following tools: SQL Server, RStudio, R, Pega, Github, VBA, and Windows PowerShell. Entrepreneurial spirit, self-motivation, and hunger to learn is a must
- Support Capital Markets team with process automation, model validation, analytics, visualization, and data management.
- Provide process creation using Tableau and R.
- Build out actionable analytics for use across Capital Markets.
- Manage aggregation of data from multiple sources - servicing, origination, etc.
- Massage and scrub data for accuracy and quality.
- Write and build data processes from scratch.
- Communicate results of data reporting and analysis to senior management.
- Masters or PhD in Math, Computer Science, Financial Engineering, Modeling, Quantitative Analytics, Statistics, or related field.
- 4+ years of experience with various aspects of analytics, system testing, and process automation, or model validation
- Must have strong experience working with mortgage data.
- 2+ years of experience with RStudio, including complex R algorithms. Strong expertise with advanced and complex R development.
- 2+ years of experience with Tableau.
- Pega robotics automation strongly preferred but not required.
- Solid experience with SQL Server
- Strong experience creating batch files for automated scripts.
- VBA and Powershell expertise is a big plus.
- Must be a self-starter with a hands-on developer mindset and a strong desire for continuous learning.
- Must have very strong communication skills (verbal, written, grammar, spelling) and be willing to ask questions and learn.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Analytics Automation Engineer
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vienna, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.