Business Development/Marketing Intern
Location: Bethesda, Maryland US
Requisition Number: 1714
The Oakleaf Group is a risk management firm, providing modeling, analytics, consulting, and due diligence services to the mortgage and banking industries. Based in Bethesda, Maryland, Oakleaf is seeking an energetic, responsible intern to join our Business Development/Marketing team. This intern will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of business development and marketing. In this position, you will be expected to learn the ins-and-outs of our daily routines and procedures. You will focus on learning how our organization runs, and can be expected to gain valuable insight that can further interest in your chosen career field. In addition to office duties, the intern will have the opportunity to meet managers, executives, and C-suite members of the team.
- Assist in preparing information and research materials
- Research potential leads and maintain database of targets with contact information
- Assist with various activities related to creation/maintenance of end-to-end marketing plan
- Assist with various activities related to conference/industry event sponsorship, attendance, presentations
- Mange databases and input information, data, records (i.e. Salesforce)
- Research and gather documentation on company position in industry
- Create and maintain PowerPoint presentations
- Update and post supervised social media and website content
- Run general industry related errands
- Take notes during meetings
- Answer phone inquiries, direct calls, and provide basic company information
- Perform clerical duties, maintain files, organize documents; photocopy, print, etc. as needed
- High school degree or equivalent; must be enrolled in an accredited university/college program
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- Experience with Salesforce CRM is a plus
Community / Marketing Title: Business Development/Marketing Intern
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bethesda, Maryland US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.