Mortgage Lending Analyst
Location: Bethesda, Maryland US
Requisition Number: 1718
We have an immediate position for a Mortgage Lending Analyst. The ideal candidates will have a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in residential mortgage loan Due Diligence and/or frontline Underwriting. Essentials for this position are the ability to analyze legacy mortgage loan documents including the Mortgage Note, Deed of Trust, HUD-1, Loan Approval, and Application, as well as experience with different lenders loan program guidelines.
Note: This position is 100% on-site at our Bethesda, MD office.
- Review previously underwritten loan files to determine the applicable lender program underwriting guidelines.
- Locate and identify the full population of lender program underwriting guidelines required to conduct a forensic due diligence review.
- Record and maintain findings in the system of record.
- Accurately and efficiently maintain a pipeline of loan file audit/review inventory, meet production requirements, and communicate status to management.
- May be asked to research and analyze data to assist management in identifying trends and anomalies which can be utilized by the client to achieve their goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field OR equivalent current professional experience.
- 2-3+ years of residential mortgage underwriting experience.
- Knowledge of private, investor, Alt-A, Subprime, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac guidelines.
- Understanding of DU, LP and private label Automated underwriting engines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work professionally as part of a team servicing an external client.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under specific time constraints.
- Proficiency in SalesForce, Excel, and Word a plus, but not an essential.
Community / Marketing Title: Mortgage Lending Analyst
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bethesda, Maryland US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.