Sales Development Representative
Location: Bethesda, Maryland US
Requisition Number: 1723
The Oakleaf Group is in search of a bright and highly motivated professional to play a key role on its sales team. This individual will report directly to the Managing Director of Business Development.
As a Sales Development Representative ("SDR"), you will be the initial point of contact with prospective customers, working at the top of the sales funnel on a variety of lead generation outreach campaigns and marketing initiatives. We will invest in helping you be successful by educating you on Oakleaf’s service offerings, our industry, and how to sell our solutions. Regular interaction and collaboration with members of Oakleaf’s sales and marketing team are critical to meeting your success and the company’s overall revenue objectives.
- Prospecting is number one – generate leads and qualify incoming demand from campaign responses, call-ins, website inquiries, trade shows, referrals, etc.
- Establish contact and develop relationships with potential customers face to face, by phone, email, and social networks
- Schedule in-person meetings and demonstrations with potential clients for Oakleaf Senior Management
- Create and fulfill requests for service information and other marketing materials
- Enter, track, and maintain sales opportunities in the Salesforce database
- Create, maintain and improve Salesforce reports related to Company sales activities, opportunities, pipeline revenue projections, etc.
- Assist the marketing team to review content, enhance campaigns, and drive demand
- Participate in trade shows, industry events, and conferences
Qualifications for Success in this Position:
- Strong work ethic, determination, and persistence to meet all responsibilities
- Hungry and driven to reach and exceed quarterly and annual sales goals
- Aptitude to learn and be able to articulate Oakleaf’s business
- Interpersonal skills and business savvy to develop relationships face to face, over the phone, through email
- Disciplined to document sales-related activities daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- A self starter with a positive attitude and ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment
- Willingness and ability to travel 50% locally in the DC area and countrywide
Experience and Education:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in competitive business-to-business sales (consulting sales preferred)
- Has received some training in competitive selling
- Proven track record of meeting quotas and sales goals
- An understanding of the Mortgage Finance lifecycle – Origination/Underwriting, Servicing, Securitization, Capital Markets, the GSE’s and Investors is preferred.
- PC Proficient with office productivity applications - Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, and the Internet
- Experience using Salesforce CRM database or other CRM applications
- Basic presentation skills
- Knowledge of mortgage industry trade associations (a plus, but not required)
- Undergraduate degree required
Community / Marketing Title: Sales Development Representative
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bethesda, Maryland US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.