SAS Developer/Analyst -TX
Location: Dallas, Texas US
Requisition Number: 1725
For a large financial services client, we are seeking a SAS Developer/Analyst to help with migration of a large number of SAS-based jobs and applications from an Oracle data warehouse to a Netezza data warehouse.
- Analyze and document the functionality of a number of SAS-based jobs supporting mortgage analytics processes in production, which have evolved with a variety of code changes over time.
- Evaluate the implications on the existing SAS code, of changing the destination database (from Oracle to Netezza), recommend coding changes necessary to maintain SAS job functionality post-migration.
- Work with the SMEs (quantitative analytics) to confirm agreement with the code changes and process, help make the coding changes and be able to map the data sources and outputs for each data field.
- SAS coding experience
- SQL coding experience
- Data Warehouse experience required.
- Experience with Netezza stored procedures is strongly preferred, or ability to quickly learn the SAS coding adjustments needed when changing from connecting to an Oracle data warehouse to Netezza.
- Financial services experience strongly preferred; in particular, mortgage finance and servicing terminology and business concepts.
- AWS Migration experience is a plus. Experience moving data from an on-prem system to AWS S3 is preferred.
- Experience with Redshift Spectrum is a plus.
Community / Marketing Title: SAS Developer/Analyst -TX
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dallas, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.