Sr. Full Stack Java Developer
Location: McLean, Virginia US
Requisition Number: 1731
Location: McLean, VA
We have an immediate position available for a Sr. Full Stack JAVA Developer to support our client enhancements to web-based Java applications built on an MVC framework. This is truly a full stack Java Developer role split fairly evenly between back end development and front end web development. This role is for you, if you:
- Are excited by opportunities to solve problems and efficiently automate business processes.
- Are passionate about modern front-end web technology with expertise in cross-platform consistency.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of the success of your software solutions, including architecture, design, implementation, and maintenance.
- Have been a major contributor to a high performance software team in an agile software development environment.
- Are comfortable writing unit tests and running automated integration tests.
- Are excited about areas such as writing maintainable code, BDD/TDD, modern design patterns, emerging technologies, etc.
- Design solutions, write code, test code, automate testing and deployment.
- Overall delivery of software components working in collaboration with product and design teams
- Collaborate with other technology teams to ensure integrated end-to-end design and integration.
- Enforce existing process guidelines; drive new processes, guidelines, team rules, and best practices.
- Participate fully in the Agile Scrum process including speaking up and giving your opinion.
- Be ready, willing, and able to pick up new technologies and pitch in on story tasks (design, code, test, CI/CD, deploy, etc)
- Able to research and learn new methodologies and technologies and bring knowledge to the team
- Back End Skills: Microservices, REST, Node.js, JVM (Java - Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, etc.), Database (Postgres, MySQL, etc.).
- DevOps/Platforms: Amazon Web Services (S3, RDS, EC2, ECS, Lambda, SQS, SNS, CloudFormation, etc.), Docker, Ansible.
- Automation Testing: Cucumber, Selenium, ATDD, Protractor, Automated Performance and Regression/Functional Testing
- CI/CD: Jenkins, Artifactory, Docker, Kubernetes
- Build Tools: maven, gradle, grunt, gulp, git, npm
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree
- 2+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services.
- 2+ years of experience with NoSQL/RDS database
- 5+ years of experience developing & sustaining enterprise software/services.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Full Stack Java Developer
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: McLean, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.