Model Risk Consultant
Location: McLean, Virginia US
Requisition Number: 1735
Location: McLean, VA
Duration: 2 months+
We are seeking a Model Risk Consultant for our large banking client to review the model risk reporting process, risk metrics design and accuracy.
- For the company's model risk metrics in executive-level reporting, assess adequacy of coverage, effectiveness and accuracy given the model risk appetite.
- Assess the adequacy of the risk governance framework for the company's credit models given the model risk appetite.
- Industry experience in model risk management practice, design or leadership.
- Prefer experience with model governance and determination of the accuracy of execution on the risk appetite.
- Ability to assess the model calculations and data.
- Experience understanding and analyzing quantitative data.
- General management consulting experience a plus.
- Master's degree or PhD in Economics, Statistics, Finance, Financial Engineering, or Business preferably with an emphasis on quantitative risk or valuation modeling.
Community / Marketing Title: Model Risk Consultant
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: McLean, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.