Financial Application Developer
Location: Washington, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 1736
The Oakleaf Group is seeking a Financial Application Developer with strong Python and Unix scripting experience to support our client on a project to work on a large multi-functional application used across the organization. In this exciting project, you will work on a team to implement latest-generation mortgage performance model applications used by business units across the organization. You will participate in all the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software, following Agile methodologies.
- Develop and refactor scalable and efficient code used by business units.
- Ensure implementation of computing applications that handle large datasets across various platforms and environments
- Design and build frameworks for automation and regression testing of large-scale applications
- Take responsibility for complete software development life cycle of applications and documentation at every stage
- Optimize existing processes and applications using innovative techniques
- Analyze performance metrics/ computing parameters and results statistically and create reports
- Participate in the implementation of multiple applications in a Unix/Linux environment, use Unix scripting, Python, C++ or Perl and other languages as needed
- Understand and resolve challenges related to handling large scale computing applications in production environment proactively
- Communicate analysis of challenges and solutions in a collaborative working environment
- Understand new business needs and convert them into effective technical solutions
- 3+ years of Python development required.
- 2+ years of SQL required.
- 2+ years of experience in web application development and a solid understanding of web application development processes.
- Must have experience with Unix scripting and working in a UNIX environment.
- Strong experience most of the following required: C+, R, SAS, Perl, Oracle, Netezza, AWS.
- Experience with automation and regression testing of large-scale applications.
- Experience with functional and Object-Oriented Programming and complete software development life cycle is required.
- Experience working in an Agile environment required.
- Ability to handle and process large datasets
- Experience with the implementation of large-scale, real-time, business critical systems / software applications in a Unix environment, using Java scripting, Perl or Python.
- Financial knowledge on interest rates/home prices, mathematical thinking is a big plus.
- Experience building financial systems is strongly desired.
- Experience building/developing web services is strong desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT-related field, Master’s degree is preferred.
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Financial Application Developer
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.