Location: Washington, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 1738
Use statistics and data analysis tools to analyze home price data for housing market reports, to provide customer supports in the areas of home prices and housing market, and to support model research and development in the group. Use internally developed software applications to produce model predictions on home prices and property valuations for customers. Help model application development process by writing and modifying the code for the model applications, conducting test runs on the model applications, analyzing and validating the test run results.
- Produce reports on housing market trend, home price and property valuation model performance reports, and analysis on home price and property values when requested by our customers.
- Support home price and property valuation model research and development by analyzing the home price data, collecting the data, preparing the data for the modelers, and assist other modeling works such as analyzing the model results for users and model risk management team.
- Support our model application production processes by reviewing production run books and configurations, do necessary analysis for production validation, provide model application technical supports.
- Work with Application Production Support team on the testing of our model applications when we have upstream data changes or interface changes.
- Assist model application development team on coding of the application, preparing the documentations for implementation of model applications, testing the model applications, and documenting test results.
- Provide other analysis and customer support works in the group.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative field is required
- 1+ years of related professional experience
- Good data analysis programing skills, preferably in SAS, SQL, and Oracle
- A solid grasp of economics and financial theory, previous experience in housing market research and mortgage finance industry
- Experience with data analysis for economics and financial researches
- Strong oral and written communication skills; can communicate in a structured, succinct, and compelling manner
- Results-oriented with ability to take initiative in seeking answers to complex and ambiguous business problems
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Financial Engineer/Analyst
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.