Product Owner, Pricing Execution
Location: McLean, Virginia US
Requisition Number: 1603
For a large, mortgage-focused financial services client we are seeking a Product Owner, Pricing Execution. Reporting to the actual Product Owner, the contract product owner will act as proxy for the Product Owner, providing direction to IT, Middle Office, Front Office and other stakeholders. The product in question is part of a multi-year Pricing Execution Cash project to modernize the customer-facing single family Cash Desk.
- Develop recommendations related to pricing strategy, offer products and product enhancements, and operational efficiencies
- Interact directly with internal/external customers to obtain market intelligence, understand and offer competitive execution, further relationships, and execute transactions
- Act as Proxy Product owner by independently providing guidance to project team members to further agreed upon project goals
- Provide innovative, thorough, and practicable resolutions to an extensive range of complicated problems relating to systems.
- Represents the organization as proxy Product Owner in meetings and often perform project leadership role
- Participate in or lead activities that support system development and deployment (e.g. process redesign, Day 1 setup, risk and controls documentation, user acceptance testing)
- Interact with senior customer personnel on significant technical matters that will frequently require coordination across organizational lines
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, related field or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of primary or secondary mortgage market experience, preferably with 2-5+ years of technology implementation and development experience
- Proficient in documenting risk and controls (e.g. policies, procedures, process flows, risk and control matrices)
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Access)
- GSE experience
- Understanding of single family pricing policies, procedures and processes
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to create and improve upon existing processes using best practices
- Strong problem-solving skills; track record of resolving/escalating issues/questions in a timely manner
- Strategic thinker and self-starter who works effectively independently, within a team, and across departments with employees at varying levels
Community / Marketing Title: Product Owner, Pricing Execution
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: McLean, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.