Location: Washington, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 1615
We have an immediate position available for a JAVA Developer to support our client to develop next generation innovative products, services and solutions. This role is for you, if you:
- Are excited by opportunities to solve problems and efficiently automate business processes.
- Are passionate about modern front-end web technology with expertise in cross-platform consistency.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of the success of your software solutions, including architecture, design, implementation, and maintenance.
- Have been a major contributor to a high performance software team in an agile software development environment.
- Are comfortable writing unit tests and running automated integration tests.
- Are excited about areas such as writing maintainable code, BDD/TDD, modern design patterns, emerging technologies, etc.
- Work with and lead other developers who analyze requirements, design solutions, develop new functionality
- Experience with Spring Batch Framework
- Experience with Agile tools like JIRA
- Explore bleeding edge technology stack to build robust automated model execution engines.
- Collaborate with managers or practitioners in the business unit to determine systems requirements and functionalities needed in new or revised application.
- Build interactive prototypes, and other blueprints that clearly articulate site/application structure and organization.
- Provide production support as needed.
- Develop test scenarios, perform & participate in code reviews, and prepare other SDLC artifacts as needed.
- Local candidates only please.
- BS Degree Computer Science or related field
- At least 5 years of experience in software engineering using core Java, Server-side Java Technologies
- Strong development experience including 2 years with modern frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, JPA Angular, D3.js
- Experience with Clearcase, SVN (Subversion), Eclipse, ANT and Maven
- In-depth understanding of OOP, design patterns, and data structures
- Strong UNIX/LINUX scripting skills
- Experience with Apache Tomcat and Oracle SQL
- Experience in Agile software development methods, Scrum preferred
- Experience with Selenium & Cucumber is a plus
- Any experience with JSON, REST and SOAP is a plus.
- Experience in financial service industry preferred
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Java Developer
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.