Securitization Transaction Manager
Location: McLean, Virginia US
Requisition Number: 1621
For a large mortgage-focused financial services client, we are seeking a Securitization Transaction Manager with experience in securitization and mortgages, to work in their Investments & Capital Markets area. This will initially be a 6-month contract, with the prospect of conversion to a permanent role. The role will support the sale and securitization of NPL and RPL (non-performing and re-performing) loans.
- Work with other transaction managers, portfolio managers and traders on transactions involving mortgage securitizations.
- Provide input to develop and implement processes and strategies for the re-performing and non-performing loan portfolio securitizations.
- Participate in creation and review of deal documents, including term sheets, offering materials, investor presentations, etc.
- Assist in management of bidder process and evaluations
- Participate in execution of counterparty trades and producing settlement agreements, managing data, documentation and trade settlement activities.
- Liaise with legal team on Offering Memoranda, transaction form agreements and bidder qualification documents.
- Analyze trustee data, reports and other mortgage loan data to ensure transaction performance.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders, and counterparties (broker/dealers, investors and service providers) on due diligence activities relating to securitizations and disclosures, and present findings on same.
- Work to identify investor opportunities for various LPMS securitization programs.
- Respond to investor input and issues as needed.
- Track investor, rating agency, dealer and market information related to securitization programs.
- Understand deal structures to identify potential opportunity for securitizations.
- Work cross-divisionally and externally with dealers, accountants, lawyers, investors to educate and resolve issues
- As needed, use tools like Intex and Bloomberg to support securitization settlements, deal tie outs, management reporting and market surveillance.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident work authorization required.
- Quantitative/business bachelor’s degree.
- Requires 5+ years of securitization transaction experience working on the issuance side ushering mortgage backed securities through the process and working with stakeholders (legal, accounting, etc.).
- Deep domain knowledge of mortgages, transactions, pricing, and structuring.
- A working knowledge of GSE MBS and/or Structured Transactions programs is highly desirable. (Similar work experience with private or agency MBS, CMO, or asset-backed group can be considered equivalent).
- Strong MS Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint; Intex and Bloomberg preferred.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced trading environment.
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written.
- Detail oriented.
Community / Marketing Title: Securitization Transaction Manager
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: McLean, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.