Sr. NPL/RPL Data Analyst
Location: McLean, Virginia US
Requisition Number: 1623
Senior NPL/RPL Data Analyst
For one of our large mortgage-focused financial services clients, we are seeking a Senior NPL (Non-Performing Mortgage Loans) / RPL (Re-Performing Mortgage Loans) Data Analyst. This will initially be a 12-month contract, with potential for further extension. The hired candidate should have experience as a business and/or data analyst in capital markets in the mortgage industry. They will be conducting business and data analysis in support of the sale and securitization of non-performing and re-performing mortgage loans.
- Develop, deploy and manage risk/investment management strategies, processes and analytic tools for the client’s retained mortgage portfolio.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders on the purchase, sale, securitization and structuring of whole loans and legacy Agency mortgage assets. This will include investment processes and controls, pricing methodologies, and strategies for asset disposition.
- Design and develop high level business requirements and current state analysis. Develop objectives, strategies and tactics to meet goals and timelines.
- Perform Business process modeling and data analysis including development of business process flows and procedures
- Support issue and risk tracking and resolution.
- Document and analyze business area risks and controls.
- Document and execute User Acceptance Testing for business applications.
- Analyze relevant distressed asset portfolio data (non- and re-performing mortgage loans) from large proprietary and public sources to inform and improve liquidation strategies.
- Familiar with SQL and SAS to cleanse/transform data, create forecasts and trend reports, benchmark results.
- Analyze large credit and mortgage data sets.
- Analyze trustee reports and trustee and loan data to ensure correct transaction performance.
- Report and present relevant analysis to internal and external audiences. -
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred.
- 3+ years in mortgage industry, 3+ years in business analysis (business requirements elicitation and development, business process redesign, data analysis, impact assessment and business application testing) in secondary mortgage market, capital markets and/or securitization.
- Familiar with SAS and SQL; prefer experience with 1010data.
- Proven ability to learn new business concepts and skills quickly.
- Proven ability to produce deliverables with minimal direction.
- Proven ability to plan work tasks to produce deliverables.
- Experience with public mortgage datasets (Freddie Mac/Fannie Mae single family historical data, eMBS, Corelogic PLS data).
- Proven record of quick, insightful analysis and high-caliber reporting, delivered with compelling style.
- Self-motivated, with strong sense of ownership of results, and keen attention to detail.
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced market environment.
- Domain knowledge of the mortgage industry, capital markets and securitization.
- Excellent Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint skills.
- Prefer experience in mortgage consulting.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. NPL/RPL Data Analyst
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: McLean, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.