Senior Business Analyst
Location: McLean, Virginia US
Requisition Number: 1626
The Business Analyst will be responsible for the design and development of user stories and high level business requirements, and current state analysis. Develop objectives, strategies and tactics to meet goals and timelines. Provide resolutions to an assortment of problems. Work under normal supervision. Follow established directions. Work is reviewed for accuracy and overall adequacy. Works cross-departmentally on routine matters.
- Working on multi-disciplinary projects with a strong customer focus.
- Leading teams to perform Business Requirements elicitation and documentation.
- Meeting facilitation including agendas, meeting minute preparation and meeting presentation development.
- Leading teams to perform Business process modeling and data analysis including development of business process flows and procedures.
- Supporting Issue and risk tracking and resolution.
- Documentation and analysis of business are risks and controls, within SOX framework.
- Documentation and execution of User Acceptance Testing for business applications.
- 5+ years of experience in a business analysis role (business requirements elicitation and development, business process redesign, data analysis, impact assessment and business application testing).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to learn new business concepts and skills quickly.
- Proven ability to produce deliverables with minimal direction.
- Proven ability to lead a team to produce deliverables.
- Proven ability to plan work tasks to produce deliverables.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Self-starter / independent thinker with demonstrated ambition to take on new roles with increasing responsibility with limited guidance and direction from management.
- Experience working on change management projects especially projects involving changes to business applications.
- Demonstrated business analysis experience with the project life cycle leveraging either agile project methodology or waterfall project methodology.
- Knowledge of Agile Practices (e.g. User Stories, Backlog Refinement, Product Owner).
- Experience in the financial services industry.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Analytical thinking;
- Able to amass and analyze large volumes of seemingly disparate data with limited guidance
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities in support of team needs.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Business Analyst
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: McLean, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.