Location: McLean, Virginia US
Requisition Number: 1629
The Project Manager will be responsible for driving execution of projects within scope, budget, and schedule.
- Working on multi-disciplinary projects with a strong customer focus.
- Business and technology transformation project management.
- Build, maintain, and manage to an integrated project plan.
- Coordinate project activity across multiple work streams.
- Oversight of project budgets and resources.
- Relationship management with interdisciplinary teams.
- Delivery management reporting and support for communication of project status.
- Closely manage issue and risk tracking, management and reporting.
- Responsible for project governance procedures and decision documentation.
- Manage customer adoption and change management.
- Build and manage project impact assessments.
- 8+ years of project management experience
- Strong experience with business technology transformation within the financial industry, preferably with GSE clients.
- Proven ability to learn new business concepts and skills quickly.
- Proven ability to produce deliverables with minimal direction.
- Proven ability to lead a team to produce deliverables.
- Proven ability to plan work tasks to produce deliverables.
- Self-starter / independent thinker with demonstrated ambition to take on new roles with increasing responsibility with limited guidance and direction from management.
- Strong customer relationship management skills and experience working with a large matrixed team of cross-functional staff.
- Experience working on change management projects especially projects involving changes to business applications.
- Demonstrated business analysis experience with the project life cycle leveraging either agile project methodology or waterfall project methodology.
- Knowledge of both Agile Practices (e.g. User Stories, Backlog Refinement, Product Owner) and Watefall SDLC methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- PMP - Project Management Professional certification preferred
- Experience with capital markets and financial products strongly preferred.
- Analytical thinking.
- Able to amass and analyze large volumes of seemingly disparate data with limited guidance.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities in support of team needs.
Community / Marketing Title: Project Manager
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: McLean, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.