Location: McLean, Virginia US
Requisition Number: 1630
Location: McLean, VA
The Business Analyst will be responsible for business process analysis to ensure completeness of current state and definition of future state end-to-end processes.
- Working on multi-disciplinary projects with a strong customer focus.
- Document existing and future state business processes in process flows.
- Document process narratives and process controls.
- Facilitate business requirements collection for future state business processes using either Waterfall or Agile methodology.
- Schedule meetings and prepare minutes.
- For Waterfall projects:
- Write functional and non-functional requirements and narratives to serve as the foundation for epics and user stories.
- Deliver business requirements documents and required production deployment documents (process flows, SLA's, etc).
- For Agile projects:
- Develop epics, user stories, and business requirements to clearly articulate capabilities, features, and process steps.
- Attend scrums, work with Scrum master and IT project manager to represent business product owners.
- Deliver required business documentation to support production deployment (process flows, SLA's, etc).
- Prepare requirements traceability matrices, test scenarios, and test cases.
- Assist with User Acceptance Testing, test plans, and test cases.
- Research tasks to derive requirements from existing artifacts and validate them with the requirements owners.
- Manage associated business analysis deliverables and work with key stakeholders.
- Create and maintain user stories.
- 8+ years of business analyst experience
- Strong experience with business technology transformation within the financial industry, preferably with GSE clients.
- Proven ability to learn new business concepts and skills quickly.
- Proven ability to produce deliverables with minimal direction.
- Proven ability to lead a team to produce deliverables.
- Proven ability to plan work tasks to produce deliverables.
- Self-starter / independent thinker with demonstrated ambition to take on new roles with increasing responsibility with limited guidance and direction from management.
- Demonstrated business analysis experience with the project life cycle leveraging BOTH agile project methodology and waterfall project methodology.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- US Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Green Card/EAD work authorization required.
- CSM - Certified Scrum Master certification preferred
- Experience with capital markets and financial products strongly preferred.
- Analytical thinking.
- Able to amass and analyze large volumes of seemingly disparate data with limited guidance.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities in support of team needs.
This is a full time Oakleaf Group employment opportunity. We are unable to sponsor or work with visa candidates at this time. US Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Green Card/EAD work authorization required.
Community / Marketing Title: Business Analyst
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: McLean, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.