Location: Washington, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 1635
We have an immediate position available for an Oracle Developer to support our client to develop next generation innovative products, services and solutions. As a member of The Oakleaf Group team, you will have an exciting and challenging opportunity to work with emerging technology, modernize financial applications, and grow in a friendly workplace where you can work independently and collaboratively. In this position the ideal candidate will work to solve complex “hot topic” issues currently faced by the financial services industry. We bring depth of experience to a wide range of highly satisfied clients, delivering trusted advice along with quantitative, technology, regulatory, and operations strategies. Do you possess the talent and dedication to be part of our growing team?
- Create logical and physical database design.
- Database development and creation of upgrade scripts.
- Design and development of ETL procedures.
- Develop and tune SQL and PL/SQL code.
- Design database packages and procedures.
- Write ad-hoc queries based on schema knowledge for various application requirements.
- Deal with complex data models and object relational database mapping.
- Build the database, conduct performance tuning utilizing SQL, ETL loading.
- Write procedures and queries
- BS Degree in computer science or relevant fields.
- 5 years’ experience with Oracle application DBA.
- Expertise in developing and debugging PL/SQL code.
- In-depth knowledge of SQL (Structured Query Language) including writing complex queries as well as tuning SQL queries.
- Know how to administer Oracle databases including tuning
- Knowledge of Oracle tools (i.e., SQL*Loader, import/export, SQL*Plus, etc.)
- Knowledge of Redshift (Postgres) would be a plus.
- Strong UNIX and UNIX scripting experience.
- Must have strong experience with infrastructure as well as application DBA.
- Must have strong experience with application database design, analysis and implementation.
- Must be able to provide end-to-end DBA support for the system and application side within an Oracle database from building/upgrading the databases.
- Apply object changes, performance and tuning.
- Participate as a team member in data management strategies. Integrate data architecture with appropriate components of the extended enterprise, transaction factories, and the data warehouse.
- Develop stored procedures, database triggers and SQL queries where needed.
- Provide database change and release management.
- Develop new and support existing ETL processes using industry leading ETL or customization tools.
- Experience with Delphix/Flyway.
- Experience with large volumes of data: querying, loading and reporting.
- Tableau dashboard experience.
- AWS experience.
- Netezza database administration knowledge.
- Hadoop development and/or administration experience.
- Financial Services industry experience.
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Oracle Developer
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.