Operational Risk Consultant
Location: Washington, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 1636
The Oakleaf Group has an immediate opportunity for an Operational Risk Consultant with experience in the banking industry. In this role you will help to refine and develop an operational risk framework for a complex financial institution.
- Act as a trusted operational risk advisor to the enterprise.
- Identify opportunities for enhancing operational risk management and risk measurement practices and work collaboratively with stakeholders to drive improvements
- Provide insight and expertise on critical operational risk management processes across all components under the Advanced Measurement Approach (AMA) including: scenario analysis, loss modeling, internal and external data utilization, and RCSAs.
- 10+ years of experience with risk management, audit, operations, or process engineering.
- 3+ years designing, measuring, deploying, or controlling an operational risk function at a large commercial bank or other financial institution.
- Strong knowledge of SOX and other industry-related regulatory requirements, and operational risk concepts.
- Solid knowledge of risk management principles and controls, broad-based business practices, and deep understanding of segment/function business processes, with the ability to assess levels of adherence/execution and identify risk/control improvement opportunities.
- Professional communications and presentation skills.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership or management skills.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business, Economics, Finance, or Accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Operational Risk Consultant
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.