Independent Price Verification Consultant, Fixed Income
Location: Washington, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 1637
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review and Refine of relevant valuation models.
- Improve IPV processes including variance thresholds, adjustment criteria, and the overall approach to independent valuation.
- Prepare mark to market memos.
- Ensure reasonableness of fair values for financial instruments in financial statements and other disclosures.
- Assess that current price testing methodologies and inputs are in line with industry standards.
- Perform due diligence of price vendors for quality control and independence of data.
- Oversee process for independent price testing to RMBS and Structured Derivative product lines.
- Coordinate cross-functional review of valuations among Front Office, Risk, Enterprise Risk Management and Accounting Policy.
- Assess and validate model reviews, independent price testing, significant unobservable parameters, structured trade reviews, and P&L/Risk Linkages.
- Prior experience managing and developing IPV processes at a GSE or a large mortgage bank.
- Strong product knowledge of RMBS and structured derivative products.
- 7+ years capital markets experience in a RMBS portfolio.
- Prior product control experience, for example, trade support, P&L reconciliation, valuation reserves, Management reporting and/or or Credit reserve analysis.
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Independent Price Verification Consultant, Fixed Income
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.