Python Web Services Developer
Location: McLean, Virginia US
Requisition Number: 1638
The Oakleaf Group has an immediate need for a Python Web Services Developer to join our team and support our large financial services client.
- This is a developer role on a team that builds model-oriented web services for machine learning models.
- This is a hands-on day to day developer role i.e. mostly writing code and development related activities.
- Work independently to design and implement high quality web services.
- The candidate should be a good team player and individual contributor.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident work authorization required.
- Expert programming skills in Python, flask (or other python based web/web services frameworks).
- Must have expert level experience writing Python Web Services in Production.
- Must have a very strong understanding of REST API and JSON/
- Must have significant demonstrated experience with implementing production web services.
- Exhibit solid understanding and practical experience of latest web technologies.
- Practical experience with TDD, Continuous Integration and good exposure to technology stack for DevOps.
- Solid software engineering fundamentals and strong communication skills.
- Working with large datasets, data frames, and complex workflows.
- Significant experience with Python including PySpark, Pandas and NumPy.
- Experience with regression and machine learning techniques.
- Familiarity with the mortgage industry.
Community / Marketing Title: Python Web Services Developer
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: McLean, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.