Location: Washington, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 1639
For a large financial services client, we are seeking a Financial Engineer to work on a long-term project. The Financial Engineer should have strong development skills in Unix scripting, Python, and C++ or equivalent language, as well as working with Big Data or databases. Financial services experience is a strong asset to this role.
- Develop, modify, or update code used by business units to help connect applications to enterprise database.
- Participate in the implementation of multiple applications in a Unix/Linux environment, using Unix scripting, as well as Python and other languages as needed.
- Develop automated testing to validate migration of applications to AWS cloud.
- Develop technology to leverage big-data techniques to place output of applications onto the enterprise data lake.
- Develop automated testing of the AWS cloud system.
- Assist with data testing.
- Advanced degree in financial engineering, science or engineering preferred.
- Strong Linux and Python skills are required.
- Back-end developer with financial engineering experience.
- Good experience working with databases.
- Experience in numerical calculations.
- Large scale distributed computing is required.
- AWS experience is required.
- Experience in C++ or equivalent language.
- Experience working with Big Data, database, SAS or R.
- Prefer financial services experience.
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Financial Engineer
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.