Due Diligence Manager
Location: New York, New York US
Requisition Number: 1647
The Oakleaf Group has an immediate opportunity for an Due Diligence Manager with mortgage loan portfolios to support our investment firm client. There is a potential for this position to transition to full time employment with our client after 6 months. Work is performed on-site in the New York, NY corporate office.
- Provide support for the acquisition, sale, and securitization of residential mortgage loan assets.
- Engage and directly manage third party vendors throughout the due diligence process.
- Manage and coordinate approach of third party diligence providers throughout the transaction process.
- Conduct due diligence and process management activities related to servicing, collateral, compliance, cashflow, title, and other applicable risk factors.
- Manage the day-to-day work flow in conjunction with the whole loan, Non-Performing (NPL), Re-Performing (RPL), or REO acquisitions, sales, finances, or securitizations of mortgage loan portfolios.
- Coordinate, oversee, and report results of mortgage loan due diligence reviews of residential mortgage assets, including identification, as well as proactive mitigation of collateral related exceptions embodying collateral document reviews, note, mortgage, title, endorsement, and assignment chain reviews.
- Minimize financial risk exposure by actively identifying critical risk issues in trade related reviews prior to funding, escalating adverse findings and potential drops to Senior Management.
- Review, understand, and act on resolution of post funding deliverables related to MLPA, side schedules, pending diligence orders, and special projects.
- Report and track any identified issues until resolved including issuing reports identifying risk, material issues, and/or resolutions.
- Mitigate risk by proactively communicating status of applicable milestones to other departments and Senior Management.
- Understand legal documents as they relate to custodial agreements, servicing agreements and financing vehicle specifications.
- Assist with preparation, maintenance and completion of Transaction Management related project plans.
- Provide support as directed on inquiries from other departments
- A minimum of five years applicable Due Diligence work experience in the mortgage and/or securitized transaction loan industry.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting from an accredited college/university.
- Extensive experience in project management including planning, organizing, coordinating, and managing staff, clients, and/or partners towards the successful completion of a project.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidates must be able to manage multiple projects concurrently, willing to work in a very high pressure, fast paced environment, as well as display sound judgment and risk related decision-making.
- Knowledge of mortgage documentation, including origination, servicing, and applicable collateral documents.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with constantly varying and competing priorities.
- Ability to effectively focus on a variety of tasks and to provide feedback with limited preparation
- Strong oral/written communication skills with excellent time-management, organizational, and project planning skills are necessary (includes planning, presentation and prioritization ability)
- Ability and confidence to make decisions independently
- Proficient with MS Office Suite tools.
- Must be able to accept ownership of related duties
- Self-motivation required for accomplishing goal/project oriented work with minimal supervision
- Mortgage experience with particular attention to research of collateral documents and default servicing is beneficial
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels of management within the organization
- Excellent judgement and decision making plus strong people skills and partnership capabilities.
- Exceptional attention to detail, placing a high priority on accuracy.
- Highly motivated with the ability to set priorities, multi task and monitor own workload to meet aggressive deadlines.
City: New York
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Due Diligence Manager
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: New York, New York US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.