Data Architect with Python
Location: Bethesda, Maryland US
Requisition Number: 1652
Data Architect with Python
Location: Bethesda, MD
We have an immediate position available for a Data Architect with Python to support The Oakleaf Group in our Mortgage Modeling and Analytics division. As a member of The Oakleaf Group team, you will have an exciting and challenging opportunity to work with emerging technology, modernize financial applications, and grow in a friendly workplace where you can work independently and collaboratively. The position is based on-site in The Oakleaf Group’s Bethesda, Maryland office with occasional travel to client sites.
- Develop advanced Python and SQL scripting to analyze, cleanse and transform large data sets of mortgage data and prepare it for use in business intelligence, analytics, and financial modeling functions.
- Lead development of Oakleaf Group’s mortgage data warehouse, a cloud-based repository of agency and non-agency mortgage performance data. The mortgage data warehouse serves as the master mortgage data repository and the data analytics platform for Oakleaf’s mortgage-related service offerings.
- Provide financial analytics, data, and quantitative software development with fixed income risk and relative value analysis for research and portfolio management applications.
- Design and implement data structures and processes to support enterprise-level reporting.
- Serve as firm Data Steward, standardizing fields across multiple data providers
- Combine diversely sourced data (analytic, pricing, security master, etc.) to optimize analytic workflows.
- Provide loan level mortgage data analysis.
- Develop or refine computer applications that provide deeper analysis on home price forecasts and mortgage credit loss forecasts.
- Suggest program modifications and lead the development and implementation of such modifications as necessary.
- Use analytical tools and mathematical algorithms to conduct appropriate analysis and report on mortgage profile and performance.
- Work closely with Model development team to examine mortgage data, economic data, model construct and model outputs and determine the efficacy of current analytical standards or models.
- Develop stored procedures to transform provided input fields into fields needed for reporting.
- Master's Degree (or PhD) in computer science, math, economics or other relevant analytical disciplines.
- Must have significant experience working with Mortgage Data (RMBS loan performance lifecycle data). Please make sure this experience is specifically called out on your resume.
- Must have very strong Data Architect, ETL, data cleansing experience.
- CFA certification preferred.
- 7+ years of data management and analysis experience.
- 7+ years as senior developer with strong object-oriented programming experience and software engineering fundamentals.
- 3+ years of experience with Python, including PySpark, Pandas, and NumPy. In-depth experience with OOO Python required.
- 5+ years of SQL and PL/SQL coding experience.
- Strong ETL experience extracting, transforming/cleansing high volumes of varied and inconsistent data and loading it into a usable format for model development teams and downstream users.
- Strong experience working with large datasets, machine learning, and complex workflows. Must be skilled in data administration and insuring development teams have the optimum environment to deliver reports.
- Experience performing complex analysis using data warehouse and reporting concepts and tools.
- Experience with tools and techniques for statistical analysis, data structuring, processing and cleansing.
- Experience with regression and machine learning techniques is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and assessing large sets of trustee, loan, credit and other mortgage data.
- Team leadership experience including experience enhancing and maturing systems development processes, mentoring junior staff and establishing and documenting process discipline.
- Strong familiarity with home price forecast and/or mortgage credit model, its conceptual and technical framework. Experience working with PhD modelers and risk managers to implement sophisticated models and review existing model performance.
- Experience with public mortgage datasets (Fannie/Freddie single family historical data, eMBS, Corelogic PLS data, 1010data).
- Ability to identify model and business issues, recommend and execute plans to address such issues.
- Ability to work with other teams to prioritize and complete complex projects.
Note: This is a salaried position and is not eligible for third party contractors.
Community / Marketing Title: Data Architect with Python
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bethesda, Maryland US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.