Business Development Manager
Location: Bethesda, Maryland US
Requisition Number: 1661
Business Development Manager
The Oakleaf Group is a Washington, DC based risk analytics, finance and technology advisory firm. Our business model is simple and effective: We listen to our clients and respond with solutions tailored to their specific needs and industry challenges. We draw upon our quantitative, technology, regulatory, and operations expertise to develop practical yet robust strategies for our financial institution clients.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to grow The Oakleaf Group's solution footprint at our long-standing mortgage analytics clients. We help our clients with specialized resources to transform large data environments and improve analytical models.
- Bring a thorough understanding of The Oakleaf Group value proposition and position The Oakleaf Group as the partner of choice to our clients.
- Use your strong background in the mortgage industry, quantitative analysis, business intelligence, or financial systems development to define client needs and provide solutions.
- Work on-site at client locations in the metro DC area to support client managers and business leaders on current and upcoming staffing needs and strategic initiatives.
- Introduce The Oakleaf Group to new areas of existing clients where our value proposition can have the most impact.
- Work closely with senior leaders, PhD economists, and financial engineers to support their transformational projects involving quantitative mortgage analytics models and their associated platforms and tools.
- Strong understanding of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and/or complex financial institutions, the organization structure, the people, business procurement process and staffing models.
- Familiarity with the challenges faced by project leaders and initiative owners when implementing transformational projects, including systems, tools, and processes.
- Exceptional communications and relationship building skills.
- Must have a strong sense of client dedication, customer service mentality, professional executive presence, and the ability to build trust with clients.
- Must have a passion about the mortgage industry, quantitative analysis, business intelligence, or financial systems development to strategically partner with our clients and understand their business challenges.
- Experience with client development and sales or prior SME experience with a desire to shift into a solutions delivery service role is preferred.
- Comfortable working in an environment where you carry your office in your briefcase and walk the halls. This is not a sit at the desk and send email type of role.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred. Education focused in Finance, Quantitative Analytics, or Computer Science strongly preferred.
Community / Marketing Title: Business Development Manager
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bethesda, Maryland US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.