Location: Washington, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 1663
For a large financial services client, we are seeking SAS/Unix Developer to work on a 1 year or longer project to migrate datawarehouse data to EDI for the Enterprise Modeling & Analytics Group.
- Update SAS / R / Python research code to connect to the new EDI database.
- Work with the Data Analyst and the Business Economist to identify the datasets needed to transition, update the code, and perform Unit and Reconciliation Testing.
- Code, Unit test and review coding done to SAS application upgrades, extensions, or other development.
- Contribute to all phases of software development life cycle (SDLC/SCRUM) for financial modeling application components and systems.
- Able to design and implement new application architecture for a financial process to integrate with existing modeling architecture framework.
- Collaborate with other team members, business units, and user groups to identify impacts of changes or enhancements, estimate level of efforts, and provide inputs to project schedules.
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance testing.
- Familiar with development tools such as version control (SVN)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years SAS and Unix experience.
- 5+ years using, coding within SAS, SAS macro language with strong experience deciphering existing SAS code.
- 2 years Python Command Line experience.
- 2+ years R experience strongly preferred.
- Strong experience working with XML and XML Schemas.
- Agile experience (SCRUM Preferred)
- Developer experience with financial statements/statistics/modelling highly desired.
- Business knowledge with prior experience in financial industry required.
- Experience with econometric or statistical modeling strongly preferred.
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: SAS Developer
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.