Python Developer with AWS
Location: Herndon, Virginia US
Requisition Number: 1665
For a large financial services client, we are seeking a strong Python Developer with AWS skills to work on a new system build that is expected to continue through 2020. This new system integrates machine learning and is a full-scale end-to-end platform.
- Work with product owner and data scientists in developing key components next generation property valuation models.
- Use the best open source tools available to solve complex problem and deliver elegant solution to meet business and technical solutions.
- Produce peer reviewed quality software and practice automated testing for all the new code being developed.
- Produce design and solution document and review the same with various stakeholders.
- 5+ years of experience in developing enterprise scale distributed web applications.
- 5 years experience with Python.
- Expert knowledge of design patterns, multi-threaded systems and automated unit testing.
- Experience in processing large scale data, database concepts and SQL.
- Experience in building and integration with RESTful API.
- Expertise with algorithms, critical thinking, data science, and complex problem-solving ability.
- Python Flask web framework, various open source python libraries [panda, numpy etc] and application Integration patterns.
- AWS EC2, Elastic Load Balancer, Elastic Beanstalk, AWS Batch, AWS EMR (Spark), AWS Lambda, AWS Dynamo DB.
- AWS Code commit, CodeDepoly and Code Pipeline.
- Proficiency in Linux, Container-based virtualized deployment- e.g. Docker (AMI), ECS and ECR
- Exposure to ML Scikit-learn.
- Excellent communication skills to ask questions, clarify requirements, and engage with the team and stakeholders.
- Strong logic, reasoning and critical thinking skills to solve problems as they arise.
- Experience contributing to a T-shaped agile team as a strong individual contributor and team player who helps others to meet scrum goals.
- Experience working in a rapid development cycle environment with tight schedules.
Community / Marketing Title: Python Developer with AWS
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Herndon, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.