Sr. Data Analyst
Location: Bethesda, Maryland US
Requisition Number: 1669
The Oakleaf Group is seeking a Senior Data Analyst to join their Data and Applications team to support clients with large and complex datasets. These datasets must be collected, validated, aggregated, transformed and then vended internally to support a variety of analytical purposes. This position requires a wide spectrum of skill sets including complex data manipulation and software development. The incumbent will refine the existing data warehouse in a Python, SQL database, and AWS environment as it evolves to support similar new business, incorporating reuse where practical. The incumbent may also contribute to a long-term effort to share back-end analytical processes in a self-service user environment and may also develop and support analytical finance applications, according to ability and the evolving needs of the practice.
Responsibilities include some or all of the following:
Modeling and Analytics – 50%
- Data Sourcing. Analyze and document data conventions used in outside data sources. Understand multiple sources and utilize the most appropriate.
- Data Warehousing. Load data into Oakleaf’s secure data stores capturing metadata, and mapping data to Oakleaf’s standardized data fields. Maintain load scripts.
- Data Cleansing. Run validations to identify, document and remediate missing, or unreasonable data. Transform data as required for downstream models and reports. Maintain validation and transformation software.
- Reporting. Design and implement reports, extracts and queries to assist in business analysis and modeling.
- Data Architecture. Design logical database models using normalization/ standardization techniques. Develop strategies and data structures to unify information of various types from numerous disparate data sources and facilitate re-use across clients and usages. Document data processes, and information flow.
- Software development. Develop, maintain, and execute data warehouse applications and analytical financial applications
Mortgage Due Diligence – 50%
- Ownership. Primary maintainer and developer of code base.
- Program Development. Develop and Maintain Python scripts for systematic file reporting and document distribution. Programmatically enrich Mortgage documents using meta-data. Develop and Maintain web crawlers.
- Reporting. Develop and Maintain productivity reporting to support Due Diligence Management.
- Data Manipulation. Manipulate image and PDF files. Collaborate with SME to create organized Mortgage documents from incomplete data.
- Organization. Organize and Maintain records based on Mortgage document receipt.
- Third Party Software. Collaborate with Third-Party software vendors’ proprietary systems. Reconcile Third Party data with proprietary systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Economics, Business, Finance or related field.
- Experience in a programming role using Python, specifically the pandas library. Senior Analysts will have three or more years of experience.
- Experience in querying and creating stored procedures in a SQL or No-SQL data querying languages. Senior Analysts will have three or more years’ experience.
- Experience in handling time-series data and other large datasets. Senior Analysts will preferably have experience in formal data stewardship, provisioning data to customers adhering to enterprise quality standards.
- Familiarity interacting with external APIs and REST protocol.
- Familiarity with git version control, and python virtual environments preferred.
- Database administration, Salesforce, SAS, and statistical analysis experience is a plus.
- Domain knowledge of financial instruments and particularly the mortgage lifecycle preferred, and highly preferred for Senior Analysts
- Experience in application testing, performance tuning and optimization.
- Understanding of object-oriented programming, design patterns and data structures.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Data Analyst
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bethesda, Maryland US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.