AWS Cloud Engineer
Location: Herndon, Virginia US
Requisition Number: 1666
- Migrate applications to AWS using cloud design patterns and best practices.
- Work between the application engineering team and the cloud engineering team to question and debug what those teams are developing.
- Write well designed, testable, and efficient code and scripts. This is a hard core application developer role.
- Integrate COTS and custom software components into a fully functional system.
- Evaluate and deploy software tools, processes and metrics.
- Provide hands-on support and customer-facing consulting on cloud, analytics and machine learning systems.
- 3+ years of experience migrating applications to AWS.
- 5+ years of experience writing production-quality code using three or more of the following programming languages: Python, Java, SAS, C++, SQL.
- Experience with Continuous Build and Delivery Systems.
- Knowledge of AWS cloud formation template
- Knowledge of AWS IAM roles (Identity and Access Management) and policies.
- Knowledge of relational databases including Oracle and Netezza.
- Mastery of Linux and shell scripting fundamentals.
- Excellent understanding of typical multi-tier architectures: web servers (Apache, nginx, IIS), caching, application servers, & load balancers /application delivery Controllers.
- Knowledge of Containers (Docker) and Container Orchestration Systems (ECS, Kubernetes, and Docker Swarm/Data Center).
- Exposure to Big Data Infrastructure such as Spark, Storm, and Hadoop.
- Professional experience creating customer-facing documentation.
- Familiarity with software engineering tools, software development methodology and release processes.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Math preferred.
Community / Marketing Title: AWS Cloud Engineer
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Herndon, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.