Python Web Services Developer
Location: Herndon, Virginia US
Requisition Number: 1667
For a large financial services client, we are seeking a seasoned Web Services Developer, to work on a 1 year or longer project.
- Work on the migration of a large-scale application used across the organization to AWS.
- Develop, modify, or update code used by business units.
- Participate in the implementation of multiple web service applications.
- Participate in all the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software, following Agile methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT-related field, Master degree is preferred.
- 3+ years in web development for large-scale business critical systems / software applications in a Unix environment.
- 3+ years experience in developing web service applications using various web development technologies;
- 2+ years experience with Python
- 1+ years experience with AWS
- Experience with .NET web service and/or Java web services.
- 1+ years experience with Unix scripting
- Experience with JAVA, database, SQL, and/or C# is a big plus
- Experience building financial systems is extremely helpful
- Experience using AWS API Gateway is a plus.
- Must have experience in an Agile environment
Local candidates only. Interviews are conducted in-person.
Community / Marketing Title: Python Web Services Developer
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Herndon, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.