AWS Java Developer
Location: McLean, Virginia US
Requisition Number: 1675
The AWS Java Developer will build highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. Solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure.
The developer should be able to work independently to design and implement high quality web services. The candidate should be a good team player and individual contributor.
- At least 7 years of experience in software development with Java
- At least 2 years of experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and AWS SDK
- At least 2 years of experience with SQL in RDBMS; PostgreSQL is preferred
- 7+ years of experience with Agile practices
- 1+ year of experience with CI/CD, test & deployment automation (Jenkins, GitHub, CloudFormation, ATDD, Docker)
- Working with large datasets, data frames, and complex workflows
- Significant experience with Python including PySpark, Pandas and NumPy
- Experience with regression and machine learning techniques
- Familiarity with the mortgage industry
Community / Marketing Title: AWS Java Developer
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: McLean, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.