Jr. Financial Engineer
Location: Bethesda, Maryland US
Requisition Number: 1685
For the Oakleaf Modeling & Analytics team, we are seeking a Jr. Financial Engineer with an interest in quantitative analytics and development.
The Jr. Financial Engineer should be a fast learner, able to pick new tools and concepts up quickly. They should have strong development skills in Unix scripting, Python, and C++ or equivalent language, as well as working with Big Data or databases.
- Participate in the implementation of multiple applications in a Unix/Linux environment, using Unix scripting, as well as Python and other languages as needed.
- Data analysis and testing. Data transformation and cleansing.
- Support financial model development and performance tuning.
- Advanced degree in financial engineering, science or engineering preferred.
- Strong Unix scripting and Python skills are required.
- Experience in C++ or equivalent language.
- Experience working with Big Data, databases, SAS or R.
- Experience in numerical calculations and quantitative financial analytics required.
- Prefer financial services experience, or at least a strong relevant academic record (financial service internships or projects).
- Must be a true fast learner who is able to pick up new tools and concepts quickly.
Community / Marketing Title: Jr. Financial Engineer
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bethesda, Maryland US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.