Data Migration with Python/AWS
Location: Washington, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 1740
For a large financial services client, we are seeking a Data Migration Specialist with Python to migrate data to AWS Cloud.
- Work with RedShift ETL to extract, transform, and load data to the enterprise data lake in AWS.
- Work with data science technology from the aspect of migrating the data (not analyzing the data).
- Work with financial services data and insure that the data is secure and intact throughout migration.
- 5+ years of experience in migrating big data to AWS.
- 3+ years experience with Python.
- 3+ years of experience with AWS S3 and EMR required.
- Strong experience with Amazon RedShift ETL (or Snowflake) required.
- Experience in processing large scale data, database concepts and SQL.
- Expertise with algorithms, critical thinking, data science, and complex problem-solving ability.
- Proficiency in Linux
Experience with enterprise data lakes, data warehouses, and big data.
- Excellent communication skills to ask questions, clarify requirements, and engage with the team and stakeholders.
- Strong logic, reasoning and critical thinking skills to solve problems as they arise.
- Relevant professional certifications are a plus.
- Bachelors degree is required.
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Data Migration with Python/AWS
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.