Python & Java Developer w/ SDET
Location: Washington, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 1749
For a large financial services client, we are seeking a Python & Java Developer w/ SDET. Prefer candidates who can both automate tests and construct good test scenario data sets, across the full test life cycle. This role is a blend of application developer and tester.
- Use Python and/or Java development expertise to build out application functionality.
- Facilitate the design and development of automated test methodologies, collaborate with engineering and product teams to implement shift left techniques on test design and automation.
- Use Java development expertise to develop test automation.
- Write and execute System and User Acceptance strategies, plans and scripts.
- Leverage Python and Java coding expertise to develop and maintain test tools and frameworks to validate unit, integration and functional tests of the system.
- Support test engineering efforts to implement enterprise frameworks to enhance overall testing capabilities.
- Create appropriate test scenarios and data sets.
- Work with lines of business, technology, and operations to determine priorities, and schedule of releases.
- Document test procedures, and issues.
- Support testing AND automation of testing for a range of projects from defect fixes and enhancements to strategic initiatives.
- Log bugs and enhancements into the defect tracking and planning tool.
- Escalate key testing issues and provide feedback to the stakeholders.
- Ensure that all requirements are covered in the testing, that it is completed within established time and that objectives conform to the user requirements and line of business.
- Provide input and shape SIT & UAT processes in line with industry best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- 4+ years of Java programming experience
- 2+ years of Python programming experience
- 2+ years of direct manual testing experience that includes crafting and translating test strategies into test plans and schedules; creating test scripts/cases/data; and executing test scripts.
- 2+ years of AWS.
- Significant experience working with different automation frameworks such as BDD (Behavioral Driven Development), Data Driven, Test Driven Development (TDD) and Hybrid.
- Experience with Test Automation technologies such as Cucumber, Gherkin, Selenium and Sauce Labs is a must.
- Deep expertise in test methodology, process, planning, and execution.
- Prefer GSE/Mortgage industry experience.
- Prefer experience with financial data/systems, particularly with mortgage and/or loan-level data.
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Python & Java Developer w/ SDET
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.