Business Intelligence R Developer
Location: Washington, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 1751
For the Analytics Department of a large Financial Services client, we are seeking a Senior Business Intelligence R Developer who can help to build out reporting data layers to provide insights in support of business intelligence. These insights inform executive-level strategic objectives in the delivery of customer products and services. This is a long-term project with the potential to convert to a full time employee with our client.
- Support the department's multiple reporting and analytics projects which span the enterprise's production business function. Quickly learn the business processes and strategic objectives and apply this understanding to a specific reporting problem. Looking beyond the obvious and immediate expression of the problem, bring long term strategically valuable insights to the reporting concept and design of data layers.
- Evaluate the requested reporting requirements with an eye toward the overall enterprise needs and likely near-future needs to build out a solution that can scale and support multiple stakeholders.
- Discuss and resolve the proposed documentation of the requirements with subject experts, including quantitative analytics managers.
- Document the business requirements and build out the data layer in R.
- 3+ years of professional experience with the R programming language to be able to build out the data layer on a variety of databases for business intelligence reporting.
- Strong experience with gathering reporting requirements.
- Experience with Business Intelligence.
- Experience jumping into a new team and quickly coming up to speed on how their work fits into the bigger picture and learning their unique needs.
- Strong experience with SQL.
- Exposure to software development lifecycle discipline and the associated controls over coding and application documentation.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with on-site and remote team members in dynamic environment.
- Experience with Salesforce is a big plus.
- Master's Degree in Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related strongly preferred.
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency required for this role.
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Business Intelligence R Developer
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.