Financial Operations Analyst
Location: Bethesda, Maryland US
Requisition Number: 1759
The Oakleaf Group is seeking an in-house Financial Operations Analyst to join our team and support the back office operations of our professional services consulting firm. In this individual contributor role you will be responsible for project-level P&L reporting and the roll up to vertical and enterprise P&L reporting, consultant utilization reporting, time sheet reconciliation with client systems, and accounts receivable rationalization.
- Improve the process and workflow for producing actual to projection reporting. Fully document the updated process.
- Produce project and business group P&Ls including actual to projection and plan reporting.
- Perform project financial analysis including consultant utilization reporting.
- Timekeeping system reconciliation with client systems including audits, approvals, and credit/debit memos.
- Accounts Receivable reconciliation and support for client billing.
- Consult within client finance group regarding revenue and cost forecasts and ad hoc analyses.
- Identify and share opportunities for better work practices, improved processes, workflow optimizations, and alignment to industry standards.
- Improve utilization of financial systems in financial analysis.
- Support professional services back office activities including contracts, statements of work, and task orders.
- Strong experience supporting finance operations/back office within the consulting/professional services industry.
- Ability to analyze process and workflow to identify potential improvements.
- 7+ years’ experience with business and financial/budget procedures.
- Advanced expertise in MS Excel including: vlookups, index, match, array, reference functions and calculated fields. (Note: A Microsoft Excel assessment test is part of the interview process)
- Strong experience with reporting, dashboards and forecasts.
- Experience with QuickBooks.
- Experience with Salesforce reporting is a plus.
- Must have very strong attention to detail.
- Problem solver with a strong research mentality who can identify issues and develop solutions.
- Must be a quick study with intuitive curiosity.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills who can engage with internal and external stakeholders to resolve issues.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and take independent initiative.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or related quantitative field.
Community / Marketing Title: Financial Operations Analyst
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bethesda, Maryland US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.