Technical Project Manager
Location: Washington, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 1760
Location: Washington, DC (All work is performed on-site)
For a large financial services client, we are seeking a Technical Project Manager to provide tactical support to software development projects. This is a long-term project with the potential to convert to a full-time employee with our client.
- Engage stakeholders to gather necessary information and specifics on assigned projects, priorities, and scheduling.
- Ensure governance controls are in place for project activities and deliverables.
- Document project plans and purpose, meeting minutes, governance controls, checkpoints, and other project deliverables.
- Use Jira and Confluence tools to manage tickets, create and share documents, and collaborate with team and stakeholders.
- Manage project reporting and documentation.
- Review user stories and tasks in JIRA.
- Track project progress and activities.
- Support team with code migration and releases.
- Escalate key issues and provide feedback to stakeholders as necessary.
- 3+ years of Project Management experience supporting software development projects.
- Strong experience working with Atlassian tools including Jira, Jira Service Desk, Confluence, and BitBucket.
- 1 year of SQL experience.
- Agile experience (KANBAN preferred).
- Knowledge of code migrations using BitBucket and Jenkins.
- Knowledge of Databases, data migration, and ETL concepts.
- Experience with Microsoft Project and Gantt charts.
- Technical experience managing data is a plus.
- Software development experience is a plus.
- Financial Services experience is a plus.
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Project Manager
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.