SAS to Python Migration Developer
Location: Washington, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 1772
Location: Washington, DC (All work is performed on-site)
For a large financial services client, we are seeking a Python Developer with strong SAS experience to migrate existing tools and applications from SAS to Python. Professional experience moving applications to AWS Cloud is strongly preferred. This is a long term project working with financial data and complex calculations.
- Migrate SAS tools and applications to Python and move them to the AWS Cloud.
- Contribute to all phases of software development life cycle (SDLC/SCRUM) for financial modeling application components and systems.
- Able to design and implement new application architecture for a financial process to integrate with existing modeling architecture framework.
- Collaborate with other team members, business units, and user groups to identify impacts of changes or enhancements, estimate level of efforts, and provide inputs to project schedules.
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance testing.
- Familiar with development tools such as version control (SVN)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 1+ year experience working with SAS code and SAS macro language.
- 3+ years experience with Python development.
- 3+ years in a UNIX/LINUX SASGRID environment.
- Agile experience (SCRUM Preferred)
- AWS Experience strongly preferred
- Developer experience with financial statements/statistics/modelling highly desired.
- Business knowledge with prior experience in financial industry.
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: SAS to Python Migration Developer
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.