Python Web Services Developer
Location: Herndon, Virginia US
Requisition Number: 1773
For a large financial services client, we are seeking a seasoned Python Web Services Developer to support a financial services team.
- Develop, modify, or update code used by business units.
- Participate in the implementation of multiple web service applications.
- Develop, enhance and support multiple financial applications that model credit risks and credit losses.
- Master degree in Computer Science, Finance, or related.
- 3+ years of experience working with AWS (Lambda, Cloudwatch, S3, RDS).
- 5+ years of experience in developing web service applications using various web development technologies.
- 5+ years of experience developing with Python.
- Experience working in a Unix/Linux environment and with Unix scripting.
- Experience building financial systems.
- Experience in Agile environment.
- Must have excellent communication skills, interpersonal communication skills and successful experience working within a high performing team and with business users and stakeholders.
Community / Marketing Title: Python Web Services Developer
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Herndon, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.