Mortgage Re-finance Underwriter
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Requisition Number: 1777
Temp-to-Perm semi-virtual role. Candidates must live in or near one of these cities: Minneapolis, MN; St. Paul, MN; Kansas City, KS; Scottsdale, AZ. The work is primarily virtual but in the future you may be asked to visit or work in one of the regional offices.
The Oakleaf Group is seeking primarily virtual Mortgage Underwriters who can support our client with front line mortgage processing for new origination files.
The ideal candidates will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in residential mortgage loan front-line Underwriting. Experience with Agency conforming (conventional) is required and Jumbo loan experience is preferred.
Speed, Quality, and Attention to Detail are critical factors for success.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of recent and consecutive experience in Underwriting agency conforming loans.
- Significant experience supporting customers who are re-financing their mortgages.
- Experience with Jumbo preferred.
- The Underwriter must have a comprehensive knowledge of Conventional loan program guidelines and have a thorough understanding of automated underwriting engines.
- Solid Time Management skills and the ability to organize prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- High level of proficiency with mortgage loan processing and underwriting systems.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Ability to build and sustain relationships with staff and branch personnel
- Analytical ability with an aptitude for figures.
Third party candidates will not be accepted.
US Citizenship/US Permanent Residency required.
Community / Marketing Title: Mortgage Re-finance Underwriter
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.