Mortgage Closing Specialist
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Requisition Number: 1779
Temp-to-Perm semi-virtual role. Candidates must live in or near one of these cities: Minneapolis, MN; St. Paul, MN; Kansas City, KS; Scottsdale, AZ. The work is primarily virtual but in the future you may be asked to visit or work in one of the regional offices.
The Oakleaf Group is seeking a primarily virtual Mortgage Closing Specialist who can support our client with front line mortgage closing for new origination files. The Closing Specialist’s primary responsibility is maintenance and preparation of closing documents to match underwriting and compliance requirements along with delivery to the settlement agent/title agency in a timely manner. More specifically, this position is expected to order closing instructions to be sent to closing agent and prepares the initial and any subsequent Closing Disclosures according to guidelines. Additionally, the Closing Specialist is responsible for the collection of documents after the closing agent has obtained the necessary signatures on relevant documents. A key element of this role will be the organization and coordination with the title agency so that all necessary documents are included in the closing package and all needed signatures are obtained.
The ideal candidates will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in residential mortgage loans - agency conforming conventional.
Customer Service, Efficiency, Quality, and Attention to Detail are critical factors for success.
- Ordering and preparation of closing instructions and executing procedures required to prepare all necessary closing documents required to close and fund residential mortgage loans in accordance with policies and requirements.
- Support customers who are re-financing their residential mortgages.
- Order closing instructions, prepare Closing Disclosures, and prepare closing packages that match the underwriting, processing, and end-investor requirements, in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Prepare closing worksheet and complete pre-closing Quality Control (QC) review of assigned files. Ensure that all underwriting, QC and closing conditions are satisfied prior to loan closing and release of the closing package to the closing agent.
- Release closing documents, including all at-closing conditions to the closing agent in accordance with policies and procedures
- Provide funding authorization for disbursement of funds after review of signed closing package. Fund loans and ensure timely delivery of funds to closing.
- Field requests and inquiries from multiple internal and external parties. This position routinely interacts with other company staff involved in accounting, underwriting and processing.
- Maintain a strong attention to detail; be very organized and analytical; possess an aptitude for figures and accurate data entry ability.
- Regularly update a working knowledge of federal and state mandated consumer disclosures requirements (such as the Loan Estimate & Closing Disclosure; the Mortgage Servicing Disclosure Statement; ) and remain alert to consumer disclosure issues that arise during loan closing.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred (finance, accounting).
- 2+ years of recent and consecutive experience in the mortgage industry as a Closing Agent/Closing Specialist and possession of a thorough knowledge of mortgage lending regulations and procedures.
- Significant experience supporting customers who are re-financing their mortgages.
- Experience working in a fast-paced deadline oriented environment.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and adapt to changing priorities quickly as time-sensitive needs arise; and be able to adapt to a fluctuating workflow, particularly during periods of high loan volume.
- Past experience in multi-state mortgage environment also desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, to fellow employees, customers and external vendors in a professional, articulate and respectful manner. Demonstrate the ability to handle delicate situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Acute attention to detail.
- A strong customer service mentality for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
Third party candidates will not be accepted.
US Citizenship/US Permanent Residency required.
Community / Marketing Title: Mortgage Closing Specialist
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.