Business Analyst/Metadata Analyst
Location: Herndon, Virginia US
Requisition Number: 1789
For a large financial services client, we are seeking a Business Analyst/Metadata Lead Analyst to support the Data Governance team. In this role, you will determine, describe and enforce the business rules and definitions for the business data attributes from different multifamily systems/applications to support data requirements for Multifamily Data Warehouse (MDW) and Multifamily Data Mart (Reporting & Analytics).
- Gather general information about needs and current capabilities, data availability and alternative uses from product/business owners, data engineers, and platform teams.
- Participate in Joint Requirements Development/Joint Requirement Planning sessions with Business SMEs and Stakeholders for business capability requirements elicitation.
- Support metadata creation (Business and Technical metadata), classification, data retrieval and delivery.
- Perform a gap analysis of target state to current state environment.
- Develop effective materials for documenting and communicating complex information to large public audiences.
- Create and define data entities, attributes and allowable values based on set industry & enterprise standards and business process redesign and requirements.
- Perform extensive data mapping analysis to analyze metadata relationships between different business attributes for eliminating redundancy and ensuring accuracy and proper lineage across current Enterprise Models is established.
- Manage the Metadata by interacting with business users and technical counterparts and ensuring that all applications are mapped to the metadata repository.
- Participate in Data Management and Data Quality by working directly with the Business Users and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to make sure that all data elements have accurate business definitions and the required Metadata is captured accurately, as per the Industry standards
- Analyze and refine metadata to ensure it is complete, valid and accurate by identifying gaps between Industry standard data definitions and Client data definitions
- Participate in review of logical data models with the data modelers and ensure all new and changed metadata from Data Models are updated timely into the metadata repository.
- Extensive use of MS Office including complex functionalities of Excel such as lookups, trims, data analysis tool, Pivot tables, etc. for reconciliation purposes to make sure the metadata and the logical data model are in sync with one another.
- Perform data analysis and write SQL queries to access/extract data from different databases for data validation, back end testing, research, and ensuring correctness of data.
- Implement change management process for metadata by creating & tracking change requests/tickets and making the justified changes.
- Actively manage adhoc metadata requests from different business teams and users across the enterprise.
- Assist the tool developer in uploading metadata for the set of attributes that have been reviewed and approved by the Business Trustees into the centralized metadata repository.
- Provide data governance with audit trail(s) and holistic business understanding of data across Multifamily Mortgage Business
- Lead User Acceptance Testing to support new functionalities/enhancements.
- 4+ years of recent and significant Metadata Analyst experience supporting financial services and preferably a GSE client.
- Experience with advanced quantitative methods techniques, such as regression, and supervised machine learning methods strongly preferred.
- Programming experience with data gathering and analytics packages such as: SQL, R or Python and machine learning required.
- Strong analytics skills, able to assess business need, define an analytic solution, and execute using analytics that range from excel tables - to statistical or machine learning analysis.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Experience with technical writing preferred and track-record for strong presentations skills a plus.
- Experience with enterprise data, metadata, and data models.
- Experience with Agile Scrum is required.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters preferred.
Community / Marketing Title: Business Analyst/Metadata Analyst
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Herndon, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.