Python Java Developer/AWS
Location: Herndon, Virginia US
Requisition Number: 1790
Location: Herndon, VA - initially this role will be remote/virtual but at some point will return to full time on-site with the client. Candidates will need to be local to the Washington, DC/Northern Virginia area.
We are looking for Python/Java Developers with strong expertise migrating applications to AWS. In this role you will be using cutting-edge open source frameworks, all on the cloud. As we migrate to the cloud you will support us with modernizing legacy financial modeling applications into microservices based architecture on AWS Cloud. You will use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. You will bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: Spring Boot, Node.js, Angular, REST, JSON, HTML5, CSS, Selenium, NGINX, Express, Chef, Docker, and Git/Github/Bitbucket. You will be fully utilizing AWS with services such as Cloud Formation Templates, S3, EC2, EKS, Lambda, Route53, CloudFront, API Gateway(Apigee), and many more.
- Translate complex mathematical, business, and financial modeling logic into software code.
- Design and execute test cases for modeling and analytical software applications to ensure they meet business needs and model requirements. Design and execute modeling application systems via distributed computing both on premise and on external cloud.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
- Hands-on with building UI using Angular/React with Typescript, Node.js, CSS/SCSS and HTML
- Actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Hands-on backend microservices & API development using Java Spring Boot, Node.js, REST, JSON, Docker, Kubernetes, NoSql databases, MongoDB/PostgreSQL and Tomcat with full ownership of software architecture, design and development.
- Agile Development: Collaborate with and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions in a full-stack development tools and technologies and partner with Product/Business teams.
- Leverage DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- Set up and configure a continuous integration environment.
- Advanced proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (e.g. Java, etc).
- Advanced proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis. Advanced proficiency in application of analysis/design engineering functions. Advanced proficiency in application of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc. Advanced proficiency in advanced behavior-driven testing techniques.
- Expert proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in Java and Python.
- Expert proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis. Expert proficiency in application of analysis/design engineering functions. Expert proficiency in application of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc. Expert proficiency in advanced behavior-driven testing techniques. Provide expertise for teams in all matters related to deployment, building and release process.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Masters preferred) in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or Finance or a related discipline preferred.
- AWS Developer Associate Certification strongly preferred.
4+ years of hands-on experience and proficiency in programming in Python.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience and proficiency in programming in Java.
2+ years of hands-on experience building and deploying applications in AWS. Experience in AWS technologies like EC2, S3, EB, Lambda, BATCH, Code Commit, Code Pipeline.
Strong experience working on Financial modeling & analytics applications
Proficient with Unix/Linux environment
Highly experienced with Agile practices and methodologies
4+ years of software design and development experience with mission critical and large customer facing platforms.
Experience with the full Software Development Life Cycle
Hands on experience with Container Technologies like Docker.
Experience with CI/CD with knowledge of Git Hub, Maven and Jenkins.
Hands on experience to design and develop complex Python Applications.
Hands on experience with building RESTful Web Services.
Expert knowledge of Linux/Unix environment and shell scripting.
Ability to lead complex architecture and design white-boarding sessions.
Experience in object modeling, designing data models and database schemas, and solving scalability issues.
Experience with working with financial or scientific modeling software applications.
SaS and R programming experience is desired.
Financial industry and analytics experience highly desired.
Community / Marketing Title: Python Java Developer/AWS
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Herndon, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.