Location: Washington, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 1795
Location: Washington, DC - initially this role will be remote/virtual but at some point will return to full time on-site with the client. Candidates will need to be local to the Washington, DC/Northern Virginia area.
We are looking for Java Developers with strong expertise solving complex problems and developing enterprise scale distributed web applications.
- Collaborate with Product Owners and Technical Leads in developing key components of next generation market risk platforms.
- Collaborate with Agile/Product/Business teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions using full-stack development tools and technologies.
- Use open source technologies to solve complex problems and deliver elegant solution to meet business and technical solutions.
- Develop and integrate back-end microservices & APIs using technologies such as REST, XML, JSON, Spring Boot.
- Hands-on with building UI using Angular/React with Typescript, Node.js, CSS/SCSS and HTML.
- Create design and solutions documents and review documents with various stakeholders.
- Engage teams and stakeholders to gather, clarify and document requirements.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers.
- Design and execute test cases for software applications to ensure they meet business needs and model requirements.
- Perform automated testing for all the new code being developed.
- Participate in Agile team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demos and team retrospectives.
- Act as strong individual contributor in Agile team to help team meet sprint goals.
- Demonstrate logic, reasoning and critical thinking skills in solving complex problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Masters preferred) in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or Finance or a related discipline preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in developing enterprise scale distributed web applications.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience and proficiency in programming in Java.
- 3+ years in Object Oriented Design patterns and multi-threaded systems.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience building and deploying applications in AWS; experience in AWS technologies such as EC2, Elastic Load Balancer, Elastic Beanstalk, Batch, Lambda, DynamoDB, RDS and S3 (API), SDK, CodeCommit, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline.
- Hands on experience using JAVA open source libraries such as Spring framework (including Spring Cloud), Hibernate, Jackson, iText, Apache Common, HttpClient, HTTP Core, Xerces, Apache POI, Apache FOP, Apache Log4j, OpenTelemetry, OpenCensus, Open Tracing.
Strong experience in processing large scale data, database concepts and SQL.
Strong experience with Container-based virtualized deployment- e.g. Docker (AMI), ECS and ECR
Experience with CI/CD with knowledge of Git Hub, Maven and Jenkins.
Hands-on experience with building RESTful Web Services.
Expert knowledge of Linux/Unix environment and Shell Scripting.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing and frameworks such as JUnit, Mockito, PowerMock, Cucumber, Robot Framework.
- Hand-on experience or knowledge of enterprise integration patterns such as Enterprise Service Bus (Publish/Subscribe) and Single Sign-on Integration patterns.
- Highly experienced with Agile methodologies, rapid development cycles and tight schedules.
- Experience working with financial or scientific modeling software applications; financial industry and analytics experience highly desired.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Java Developer/AWS
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.