Financial Application Tester - Manual
Location: Washington, District Of Columbia US
Requisition Number: 1796
For a large financial services client, we are seeking a Financial Application Tester with manual testing experience on financial models. The tester will support a mix of technology including JAVA UI, SAS and Python for complex financial models.
- Evaluate business requirement and technical specification documents to craft test strategies and LOE assessments which would account for, duration, constraints, assumptions, etc. that are needed to fulfill test objectives.
- Review and validate design specifications to ensure requirements traceability and to determine application/component functional readiness.
- Coordinate and execute system test activities. This includes crafting and translating test strategies into test plans and schedules.
- Creating test scripts/cases/data.
- Executing test scripts.
- Provide timely reporting which would also include the creation of standard docs such as RTMs/FRMs, test summary reports, etc.
- Conduct status calls.
- Ensuring that all activities comply with general testing "best practices" and adhere to company policies, procedures and guidelines.
The Financial Application Tester must have good interpersonal skills to establish and maintain close working relationships with business and technology team members.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics
- Manual Testing experience is required. Automated testing experience is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in Financial Services testing quantitative financial models.
- 6+ years of hands-on experience as a software tester
- Solid understanding of and practical experience with systems development methodologies (e.g., Waterfall, Agile), as well as a strong understanding of configuration and release management concepts
- Strong organizational skills, conveying keen attention to detail and follow through
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to interface with multiple levels of management on both technology and business-related issues
- Proficient with Quality Center/Test Director for writing test cases, test execution and defect tracking
- Strong experience with Python, Java and SAS
- Strong practical experience testing on Windows and Unix platforms.
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Financial Application Tester - Manual
The Oakleaf Group is a premier advisory firm with expertise in risk management and financial modeling for the mortgage and banking industries. We serve publicly traded and privately held banks and non-bank mortgage firms, government agencies, law firms, insurance companies, institutional asset managers and hedge funds. Founded in 2007, our firm’s over 100 professionals are located in the Washington, DC and New York City metro areas, serving clients across North America and Europe.
We differentiate ourselves through our approach to client relationships. We begin with the belief that each client relationship will be permanent and ongoing, spanning across engagements. We invest in communication and research to ensure that we fully understand the drivers of every client’s short and long term success. We align our goals to those of our clients, and we continuously monitor and adjust to ensure that the relationship stays strong.
It’s on the foundation of strong client relationships and aligned objectives that we provide expertise-infused advisory services and technology-aware implementation assistance that drive client success.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.